CANCON & JAPCON
1. The primary responsibility is first line medical support to CF personnel of UNDOF. The medical staff provides routine medical support only to CF members of the UNDOF and UNTSO and provide limited "EMERGENCY" care for Canadian dependents and civilian staff visiting or working on camp. Routine and non-emergency care for non-CF members should be sought from the local medical systems of Israel and Syria.
2. The MIR (Medical Inspection Room) consists of 6 personnel and is located in Bunker #7 in Camp Ziouani, Israel. There are 2 Medical Officers, the Senior Medical Officer (SMO) from Canada and one Medical Officer from Japan, a Physician's Assistant (WO 6B), a Preventive Medicine Technician (Sgt 6A), and two Medical Assistants (Sgt 6A and MCpl 5B), the Sgt being employed as the Pharmacy Technician.
3. The MIR provides emergency coverage 24 hour/7 days a week basis with a "ON CALL" overhead pager system. Routine sick parade is from 0730 - 0930 hrs daily, appointments 1000 - 1130 hrs daily, training and administration afternoons, Monday - Friday. After duty hours and on weekends there is always a medical assistant and Medical Officer or Physician Assistant on call for possible emergencies. There are no provisions for holding patients for observation.
4. Should a member require further investigations or hospitalization, the MIR has limited laboratory capability but no X-ray facilities. The MIR utilizes a civilian Israeli Hospital (Rebecca Sieff Hospital in Zefat, Isreal, which is 1.5 hours away via ambulance) for X-ray and advance laboratory investigations as well as hospitalizations. The MIR also liases with the other contingents such as AUSBATT and POLBATT, as needed. Dental and Hygiene Lab services are provided by POLBATT.
5. All members should be aware of the Ophthalmic (glasses) supply policy as well as the alcohol and fraternization policy prior to arrival. Questions can be directed to the CCUNDOF MIR at 011-972-06-696-1962 ext 261.
UNDOF INFO ||
UNDOF HQ ||
UNDOF OPS ||
MISSION INFO LINE ||
ADM/FIN PL ||
CAMP SVCS ||
CE PL ||
SIG TP ||
MAINT PL ||
SUPPLY PL ||
PEACEKEEPER'S HOME PAGE
This page is copyright © 2001 Frank Misztal - Kingston, ON, Canada